Candied walnuts can be used in a variety of ways:
- Topping for salads,
- Topping for toast with cream cheese and honey,
- In cakes and desserts,
- Over ice cream, or
- Simply eat on their own for a nice crunchy treat.
This is a quick and easy way to make candied walnuts. If you don’t like walnuts, try pecan or another nut.
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- Step 1 In a non-stick pan, add the walnut pieces, sugar and butter.
- Step 2 Saute on medium until the butter melts.
- Step 3 Mix thoroughly and stir frequently.
- Step 4 Add the 1 teaspoon water and continue to stir.
- Step 5 Saute for 5 to 6 minutes until the walnuts are golden brown. Watch carefully, so they do not burn.
- Step 6 Remove from pan by spreading them out on a piece of parchment paper.
- Step 7 Separate the nuts so they do not stick together.
- Step 8 They will develop a crunchy coating as they cool.