December 18, 2019
A smooth and creamy peanut soup.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon chicken soup base
- 56 ounces Chicken Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 4 shots apple brandy
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- peanuts, chopped
- Step 1 In a large soup/stock pot, saute the onion and celery in butter until soft and translucent. Do not brown.
- Step 2 Stir in the flour and chicken soup base until well incorporated.
- Step 3 Add the chicken stock, stirring to incorporate the roux. Add the freshly ground pepper and the celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let reduce slightly.
- Step 4 Remove from the heat. Use an immersion blender to puree the onions and celery with the stock.
- Step 5 Add the peanut butter, cream, half-n-half, apple brandy and lime juice.
- Step 6 Blend with the immersion blender until everything is pureed and smooth.
- Step 7 Return to a simmer until everything is heated through.
- Step 8 Serve immediately.
- Step 9 Garnish with chopped peanuts.
NOTE: This is a rich soup. Typically a cup is more than enough if a full meal is to follow.
Please follow and like us:
3 thoughts on “Peanut Soup”
Does the peanut soup hold up to heating the next day?
Yes, with no problem. It can be heated in the microwave or on the stove.