Sweet Cucumber Salad
This is another quick side salad recipe. This Sweet Cucumber Salad is a perfect side dish for any BBQ or party. It is quick and easy to make.
For this recipe, you can peel the cucumbers or leave the skins on, just wash them first. I tend to score them with a fork or peel them. Next you need to slice the cucumbers in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Make thin slices and place them in a bowl. Salt liberally. Let them sit for several hours or overnight in the refrigerator then rinse and let them drain.
Next, cut a red onion in half and thinly slice them.
In a medium bowl, place the cucumber slices and add thinly slice onions. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt dissolves. Pour over the cucumbers and onions. Mix throughly so everything is coated. Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 2 hours or until the cucumbers and onions have wilted.
If you like my Sweet Cucumber Salad recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Sweet Cucumber Salad
An easy, but delicious vinegar based Sweet Cucumber Salad.
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled, halved and seeds removed
- salt for sprinkling over cucumbers
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced (shaved)
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Step 1 Peel, cut cucumbers in half and remove seeds.
- Step 2 Place the seedless cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for several hours so the juices drain. Rinse with cold water and let drain again. Place in medium bowl.
- Step 3 Add the thinly sliced (almost shaved) onions.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt and stir until the the sugar and salt dissolves. You can heat in the microwave for up to 30 seconds. I place this into a ziploc container and shake.
- Step 5 Pour over the cucumber and onions. Mix thoroughly so everything is coated.
- Step 6 Place in the refrigerator and let sit for 2 to 3 hours or until the cucumbers and onions have wilted.
- Step 7 Remove from the refrigerator and place in a serving bowl.