My Pearl Couscous recipe a quick and easy dish that packs a lot of flavor. In a large pan, bring salted water to a boil. Add the pearl couscous, olive oil and chicken soup base. Do NOT use any flavor packet that may come with the couscous. You want to start with plain couscous for this.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes until the couscous is tender. At the last minute, add the thinly sliced red onion, apricots, chopped fresh parsley and Craisins®. This will plump up the dried apricots and Craisins® and take the sharpness off of the red onions.
Strain and transfer everything to a large bowl. Add the zest of one large lemon and a half of an orange. Season with a little freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold. Tastes great either way.
If you love my Pearl Couscous recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
A very refreshing and light couscous dish that is packed with flavor from the red onions, apricots, Craisins®, parsley and lemon juice.
- 2 boxes of Pearl Couscous (flavor packets removed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 10 dried apricots, sliced
- 1/2 cup of dried Craisins®
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large lemon, juice & zest
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1 In a large pot, boil the pearl couscous with the olive oil and kosher salt. Do not add any flavor packet if you can’t find plain pearl couscous. Instead add the chicken soup base.
- Step 2 Reduce the heat and simmer for 7-8 minutes until the couscous is tender.
- Step 3 At the last minute, add the thinly sliced red onions, apricots, Craisins® and parsley. Cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Step 4 Strain everything and place in a bowl.
- Step 5 Add the juice of one large lemon.
- Step 6 Add the zest of one large lemon and half an orange.
- Step 7 Season with a little freshly ground pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Step 8 Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Fluff before eating.