On any given day, I normally just steam a bag of frozen vegetables, but I like to do some special for the holidays. Glazed Carrots are such a simple dish to make and they taste so good. A perfect side dish to accompany your Holiday meal.
You can glaze your carrots with sugar or honey. I use a both along with some thyme, orange juice, pinch of cinnamon, salt and pepper. These carrots are quick and easy to make. They end up with a gorgeous glossy golden color, full of flavor and tender. They are perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or even Easter. With the sweetness add, even your children will eat these without a fuss.
I used to boil the carrots first and then saute them until they were glazed. Now, I am down to using just a skillet instead of two pots and pans and the added chicken stock gives them additional flavor.
Note: I look for thinner, organic carrots since they will look nice as a presentation and still have the stems on. Simply remove any leafy greens. You could also slice the carrots on a diagonal if you like. Additionally, if you make these Glazed Carrots for Easter, I would leave out the pinch of cinnamon which is more of an Autumn/Winter spice.
In just a few minutes, you can make these tasty glazed carrots that will be a hit with your family and friends.
If you love my Glazed Carrot recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post it on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and watch for more Holiday recipes.
A perfect side dish for the holidays! In just a few minutes, you can make these tasty glazed carrots that will be a hit with your family and friends.
- 2 bunches organic carrots, peeled
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons of orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 7-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2-3 Pinches of cinnamon
- Step 1 Peel the carrots. Trim the leafy greens from the top, but leave a little of the stem on. Also trim the other end if needed. You could also slice the carrots instead of leaving them whole.
- Step 2 Place the peeled carrots, chicken stock, orange juice concentrate,sugar, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper into a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Step 3 Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes, rotating the carrots occasionally. Carrots should be almost tender when pierced with a point of a paring knife.
- Step 4 Uncover, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a couple of tablespoons.
- Step 5 Add the butter, honey and a several pinches of cinnamon to the skillet. Toss until the carrots are coated. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Carrots should be completely tender and have a glossy, golden color.
- Step 6 Remove from the heat.
- Step 7
- Step 8 Serve immediately.
1 thought on “Glazed Carrots”