Yuletide Simmering Potpourri
This Yuletide Simmering Potpourri will have your home smelling like the holidays in no time. As I am writing this, the wonderful holiday spices are wafting through the air. It smells like Christmas all through the house.
This potpourri takes me back. I used to make spice hot pads. When you placed a hot dish on the hot pad, you would smell all the warm, earthy spices like cinnamon, cloves and allspice. This aroma really says the holidays with the added smell of oranges and lemons and the aroma isn’t confined to a small space. This aroma will travel throughout the house.
Yule/Christmas is always a magickal time of the year and you can make this Yuletide Simmering Potpourri into something special. Write a wish on each of the bay leaves before adding it to the pot. Each ingredient also has magickal properties.
- Cranberries – Associated with abundance and brings love and energy into the home.
- Orange Peel/Slices – For success and prosperity. They also carry an uplifting energizing energy. Helps generate happiness, joy and inspiration.
- Lemon Slices – For purification, happiness and beauty.
- Bay Leaves – Used for making wishes. Raises vibrations. Manifesting.
- Rosemary – A fresh, herbal scent. It is used for protection and has a cleansing energy. It is also used to enhance memory and what better time for that than around the holidays when we are remembering loved ones who are not with us.
- Star Anise – For clarity. Provides a protection energy and a restful sleep.
- Allspice – For money, abundance, luck and obtaining treasure. It is very uplifting and said to increase energy.
- Cloves – For wealth and prosperity. It drives away negative energy. Love and friendships.
- Cinnamon Sticks – Attracts success, luck, brings healing, love and protection into your life. Purifying negative energy from the home.
Place all of the ingredients in a 2 quart crock pot or a medium size pot. Simmer do NOT boil. Check occasionally to see if you need to add more liquid.
This is the Orange Peel that I use.
You can also make a wish with the potpourri once the ingredients are in the pot. Hold your hands over the pot and say, “I ask these ingredients to bring prosperity, wealth, protection, health, love and happiness for anyone that comes in contact with these ingredients or this aroma.” You can adjust this to fit you and your family.
If you like my Yuletide Simmering Potpourri recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Yuletide Simmering Potpourri
Your home will smell like the holidays with this Yuletide Simmering Potpourri!
- 1/2 bag fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried orange peel (pieces)
- 3-5 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5 star anise
- 24 whole allspice
- 24 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 fresh orange slices
- 3 fresh lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- Step 1 Add all the ingredients to a 2 quart crock pot or a medium size pot.
- Step 2 Simmer. Do NOT boil.
- Step 3 Check occasionally to see if you need to add more liquid.
NOTE: This recipe is not to be ingested.