A flavorful Pulled Pork recipe.
- 5 to 7 lb pork shoulder or boston butt
- Several handfuls of Angela's Pulled Pork Dry Rub
- Step 1 Place the pork shoulder or boston butt directly in the center of a large roasting pan.
- Step 2 Apply several handfuls of Angela’s Pulled Pork Dry Rub liberally to all sides of the pork shoulder or boston butt.
- Step 3 Add some water around the pork. It will mix with any of the rub that has fallen off.
- Step 4 Cook at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes per pound. Fat will render from the meat. Turn over every hour. Apply more dry rub as needed.
- Step 5 Check on the pork every 30 minutes to see if you need to add additional water on the bottom of the pan.
- Step 6 Once cooked, the meat will be able to be pulled apart with a fork.
- Step 7 Serve plain or with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Step 8 NOTE: The pork on the bottom will come apart easier than the top. I typically turn the meat more than once to keep pulling from the bottom.