Reuben Egg Rolls
Why make a traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick’s Day, when you can make quick and easy Reuben Egg Rolls. There is a Irish Pub near me that has Reuben Egg Rolls as an appetizer. These are so easy to make, that I decided to do it myself.
First, you need some egg roll wrappers that you can typically purchase at most grocery stores. Place the following ingredients in the center of the egg roll wrapper, cooked corned beef, swiss cheese and sauerkraut. I had some left over cooked Corned Beef that I made. However, deli Corned Beef works just as well. Either way, you just want to dice or cube the meat. Next you dice some swiss cheese. I tried using slices of swiss cheese, but that didn’t work as well. It was better with smaller pieces. Drain some Bavarian Sauerkraut to use. I use Bavarian Sauerkraut because it is a little sweeter than regular. You will only be deep frying for approximately 1-2 minutes so having a little sweeter sauerkraut works better.
You will need to egg wash the edges of the wrapper. I had a wide brush which was more than needed. Then wrap the corned beef mixture into an egg roll.
First bring both sides in toward the middle.
Next, bring the bottom of the wrapped toward the middle. Then roll until you have formed a traditional egg roll shape.
Place the rolled egg roll into hot oil. These cooked very quickly, 1-2 minutes. I didn’t use a lot of oil, so I had to turn them part way through.
Then let drain before serving.
Serve with a side of Thousand Island Dressing.
If you love my Reuben Egg Rolls recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Reuben Egg Rolls
A great alternative to Corned Beef and Cabbage. Reuben Egg Rolls are quick and easy to make. Everyone will enjoy them! Serve as an appetizer, lunch or dinner.
- 6-12 egg roll wrappers
- 2 lbs corned beef, cooked and diced
- 1 lb swiss cheese, diced
- 1 can Bavarian sauerkraut, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- Thousand Island Dressing for dipping
- Step 1 Lay out one egg roll wrapper.
- Step 2 Place the cooked and diced corned beef in the center.
- Step 3 Place some sauerkraut on top.
- Step 4 Place some diced swiss cheese on top.
- Step 5 Brush some of the beaten egg along the sides of the egg roll wrapper.
- Step 6 Fold both sides toward the center.
- Step 7 Fold the bottom up to the center.
- Step 8 Roll until you have a sealed egg roll.
- Step 9 Preheat your oil. Deep fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Turning frequently.
- Step 10 Remove egg roll from deep fryer and allow to drain before serving.
- Step 11 Serving with a side of Thousand Island Dressing.