Shallot Compound Butter
A compound butter that is that makes a great sauce. Mix with pan juices and a little wine. Serve with fish, shellfish, meats or vegetables
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Step 1 In a medium size bowl, let the butter come to room temperature.
- Step 2 Add the minced shallots, garlic clove, parsley, white wine and ground pepper.
- Step 3 Mix well.
- Step 4 crape the compound butter onto a large sheet of plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Step 5 Roll in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Step 6 When firm, slice and serve.