Hibiscus Lemonade is light and refreshing and you can adjust the sugar to taste. Perfect for a cool summer drink.
Hibiscus is a genus of flowering plants in the mallow family. Hibiscus Flowers are packed with antioxidants and have many health benefits. They are known for their red color, tart flavor and vitamin C content. Anytime I use flowers in my culinary creations, I want to make sure that they are free of pesticides. Always use Organic. You can make the Hibiscus Lemonade by making a Hibiscus tea and letting it steep. An alternate method is to place the Whole Hibiscus Flowers in a medium bowl and add water. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and for 1-2 hours. I feel that I get a deeper color by using the refrigerator method. Plus, the Hibiscus Tea will already be cold.
Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and strain out the flowers. In a pitcher, add ice and the strained hibiscus tea. Add the sugar, lemon juice, Simply Lemonade and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
To Serve: Pour the Hibiscus Lemonade into a glass. Add mint leaves and a lemon slice for garnish (optional).
NOTE: I added Simply Lemonade for those that don’t like the tart flavor of the hibiscus and don’t want to keep adding sugar. I mellows the tartness out. Try it without and see if you like it. You just need to adjust the sugar to taste.
If you like my Hibiscus Lemonade recipe, please comment below. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to go back to the The Finished Dish’s Home Page, scroll down on the right side and subscribe. You will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
A refreshing and tasty Hibiscus Lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cups of dried Whole Hibiscus Flowers
- 4 cups water
- 11.5 oz Simply Lemonade, or any other prepared lemonade (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 lemons, juice
Garnish: Mint Leaf, Lemon Slice
- Step 1 Place the Whole Hibiscus Flowers in a medium size bowl. Add the water and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Step 2 Remove the bowl from the refrigerator and strain out the flowers. In a pitcher, add ice and the strained hibiscus tea. Add the Simply Lemonade, sugar, lemon juice, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Step 3 To Serve: Pour the Hibiscus Lemonade into a glass.
- Step 4 Garnish (Optional): Add mint leaves and a lemon slice for garnish.