Sour Cream Potato Salad
A great side dish for any summer picnic.
- 2 lbs red bliss potatoes (or any small red-skinned potatoes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large red onion, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely diced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1 Scrub the potatoes and remove any blemishes or eyes.
- Step 2 Place the unpeeled potatoes in a large pot. Cover with cold water, lightly salt the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Step 3 Remove from the heat and drain well.
- Step 4 In a large bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, diced red onions and finely diced parsley.
- Step 5 Cut the potatoes into a medium dice.
- Step 6 Add the diced potatoes to the sour cream mixture. Season with onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Gently fold in with a spatula to combine.
- Step 8 Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 to 3 hours before serving.
NOTE: You can substitute 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (white part only) for the red onions.