Crispy Chicken Tenders
These moist Crispy Chicken Tenders are so easy to make and are kid friendly. These will go fast, so you may want to make a double batch.
“Chicken fingers” a.k.a. Chicken Tenders were first made and named by the owners/operators of Spanky’s in Savannah, Georgia. They have become a favorite fast food item which is now on many restaurant menus. You can easily make these at home. This recipe is much healthier since it is baked versus frying, but your family will love these just the same. Baking also ensures a moist chicken tender.
My recipe calls for Dijon Mustard. Some are very acidic or sharp. I use Maille Dijon Originale Mustard since it is a little more mild, but you can experiment and see what you like. By all means, if you have a different brand at home, use it. I just try to give you suggestions based on what I have found over the years.
The recipe also calls for Apple Juice. In the fall, I use Apple Cider since I typically have it in the house. Either is fine. The Panko breadcrumbs provides the crispy outside texture.
In a medium bowl, mix the mustard, apple juice, honey, white wine and minced garlic. Set aside. In another medium bowl, mix the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, freshly ground black pepper, Kosher salt, and garlic powder.
Place chicken tenders in mustard mixture and coat well. Remove one at a time, and cover both sides with Panko bread crumb mixture. Spray a large baking dish with a cooking spray, and place the Panko breadcrumb chicken tenders in the baking dish. Bake in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Turn over half way through. Serve immediately.
If you like my Crispy Chicken Tenders recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Crispy Chicken Tender
Moist chicken tenders with great flavor!
- 8 chicken tenders
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon white wine (or water)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, mix the Dijon mustard, apple juice, honey, white wine and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Step 2 In another medium bowl, mix Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder.
- Step 3 Place chicken tenders in mustard mixture and coat well.
- Step 4 Remove one at a time, and cover both sides with Panko bread crumb mixture.
- Step 5 Spray a medium baking dish with a cooking spray, and place the Panko breadcrumb chicken tenders in the baking dish.
- Step 6 Bake in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes. Turn over half way through. Serve immediately.