Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
It’s Autumn and everyone turns to comfort foods like soups and stews. Just don’t forget the veggies! The one thing I like to make in the fall is Roasted Seasonal Vegetables. It’s so easy make and a perfect side dish to any meal. I typically use root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions and beets. I also like to add butternut squash. Butternut Squash is not a root vegetable, but I always add it as I love the taste when it is oven roasted. The only thing is that it tends to break down a little more than the other vegetables, as you can see in the photo above. Basically, you can use any vegetables you like. The store was out of beets so I wasn’t able to include them this time.
For the potatoes, I typically use a medley/variety of small, petite potatoes. I don’t cut these. The rest of the vegetables are peeled as appropriate and cut into a large dice. I did buy frozen butternut squash which were already cut into cubes.
During the fall, I just use regular seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper and granulated garlic or garlic powder. I like a little heat, so I also add a pinch of cayenne pepper, but that is optional. For the fall, you could also add a little maple syrup and/or cinnamon if you like. If you are eating this with an Italian meal, you can use Italian seasonings. Greek, add some freshly squeezed lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, and Greek oregano in addition to the seasonings listed in the recipe.
The hardest part is to prepare your vegetables as directed.
Once they are prepped, just mix them with olive oil, minced garlic and the seasonings. I don’t even use a separate bowl anymore. I just mix them in the roasting pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until they are golden brown. That’s it. So easy.
If you like my Roasted Seasonal Vegetables recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Roasted Root Vegetables
A simple recipe to roast root vegetables.
- 1 1/2 pounds petite medley potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, large dice
- 1 large yellow or red onion, large dice
- 3 large carrots, large dice
- 2 parsnips, large dice
- 2 beets, large dice
- 1 pound butternut squash, large dice
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 Cut the vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Step 3 Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables, add the minced garlic and season with crushed dried parsley, salt, freshly ground black pepper and granulated garlic or garlic powder.
- Step 4 Mix thoroughly so the vegetables are all seasoned.
- Step 5 Oven roast for 50-60 minutes or until all of the vegetables are cooked through and golden brown.
- Step 6 Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
NOTE: For the fall, you could also add a little maple syrup and/or cinnamon if you like. If you are eating this with an Italian meal, you can use Italian seasonings. Greek, add some freshly squeezed lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, and Greek oregano in addition to the seasonings listed in the recipe.