Pineapple Cheese Ball
A good cheese ball is always welcome at any gathering. This Pineapple Cheese Ball is perfect for the Spring. I have served this Pineapple Cheese Ball at parties at home. I have also brought this to work and everyone enjoyed it.
The shape of a cheese ball is actually versatile. Of course you could make one large cheese ball as the name suggests. You can also roll it into a log shape and then make slices to serve. Mini cheese balls are a great option for parties especially now with Covid, so people are not all scooping at the same cheese ball. If you make mini cheese balls, just ensure that it is mixed thoroughly and each ball has all of the ingredients.
For the ham, I use a deli Honey Ham. However, I recently found a Spicy Pineapple Ham. I’m going to have to try that next time. Chop the ham into small pieces and add it to 2 packages of softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. Then add the well drained crushed pineapple, green onions (scallions), green peppers, powdered sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly. That is it. So simple! Form the Cheese Ball into your preferred shape and roll in chopped pecans. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. A perfect appetizer for your next Spring get together.
If you like this Pineapple Cheese Ball Recipe, please leave a comment and let me know what you think. If you made it, post your wonderful images on Instagram and tag me. Don’t forget to subscribe and you will be emailed each time I post a new recipe.
Pineapple Cheese Ball
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup deli ham, small dice
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1/4 cup green peppers, small dice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Step 1 In a small bowl, drain the crushed pineapple. Let it sit until it is well drained and finish by pressing down on the pineapple. Set the drained pineapple aside.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients together. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 3 Form into a ball or desired shape and roll in crushed pecans.
- Step 4 Refrigerate for 2 hours or until served.
- Step 5 Serve with crackers.
1 thought on “Pineapple Cheese Ball”
I made this today. It was quite easy to make, except for the rolling into a ball with pecan coating, and quite tasty.