Cilantro Lime Compound Butter
This Cilantro Lime Compound Butter is a perfect for chicken or fish. Rich and flavorful. I have to admit that I never liked Cilantro, but I love this butter.
- 2 stick (1 cup) salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 small lime, zest
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 small serrano pepper, finely minced (optional)
- Step 1 In a medium size bowl, let the butter come to room temperature.
- Step 2 Add the finely chopped cilantro leaves.
- Step 3 Add the fresh squeezed lime juice and the zest of one small lime.
- Step 4 Add finely minced shallot and serrano pepper
- Step 5 Mix well.
- Step 6 Roll in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Step 7 When firm, slice and serve.