July 7, 2019
: Serves 6
A family favorite! Breakfast casserole with hash browns as the base. No crust. An easy family breakfast meal.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 20 ounces hash browns, shredded (thawed and drained)
- 1 package Brown 'N Serve Maple sausage links, cut into pieces or 1 1/2 cups of cooked ham, diced
- 1 large onion, small dice
- 1 large green pepper, small dice
- 10 ounces frozen spinach or frozen spinach souffle
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1/4 cup half and half
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices American cheese singles, cut into pieces
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 Spray a 3 quart CorningWare baking dish (13″ L x 9″ W x 2.5″ H) with non-stick cooking spray. Place a layer of the hash browns across the bottom of the baking dish.
- Step 3 Cut the Brown ‘N Serve maple sausage links into pieces and sprinkle over the hash browns. You could also use diced cooked ham or even bacon.
- Step 4 Sprinkle the diced onions and green peppers over the hash browns and sausage pieces.
- Step 5 Let a package of frozen spinach or frozen spinach souffle thaw. Drain if using frozen spinach. Set aside.
- Step 6 In a large bowl, beat 12 eggs. Add the spinach or spinach souffle, cottage cheese and half and half. Mix well.
- Step 7 Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Step 8 Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns, sausage pieces, onions and green peppers. Let the mixture soak down between the hash browns.
- Step 9 Place cut up American cheese and shredded cheddar cheese across the top.
- Step 10 Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes. Top should be golden brown and the egg mixture should be cooked through.
Please follow and like us: